What is the Berkeley Fire Research Consortium?
This website was established to bring together people from across the Berkeley research community to address the challenges faced at the intersections of ecosystems, society, and fire.
Together, they bring a wide range of expertise in engineering science, environmental science, policy, and management, ecology and forestry to bolster research in fire science, mitigation, suppression, management and control.
|Visit http://bit.ly/2Ckicy8 for more information on active fires.
|Visit http://bit.ly/2PTM8sA for more information on power shutoffs.
|Visit http://bit.ly/2qpCLXc for more information on current weather and hazards.
NEW: Submit information for a Researcher, Expert, Project, or Initiative to be highlighted on this Berkeley Fire Research Website.
- Wildfires Affect Water Resources Long After the Smoke Clears
- Watersheds Dynamics Following Wildfires: Nonlinear Feedbacks and Implications on Hydrologic Responses
- Research Becomes Reality in Study of Fire Impact on Sonoma Water Resources
- How California Wildfires Can Impact Water Availability
- Governor Newsom Signs Bills to Enhance Wildfire Mitigation, Preparedness and Response Efforts